Thursday, January 13, 2011

Review: Almost To Die For by Tate Hallway





Title: Almost To Die For
Author: Tate Hallway
Publisher:NAL Trade
Date: August 3,2010

Twilight meets The Princess Diaries in the new series from the author of Honeymoon of the Dead

"On her sixteenth birthday, Anastasija

Parker learns that her so-called deadbeat dad is actually a vampire king. And he wants Ana to assume her rightful position at his side, in spite of the fact that she has witch's blood running through her veins-from her mother's side."

"Too bad witches and vampires are mortal enemies. And now Ana's parents are at each other's throats over her future. It's up to Ana to make a choice, but deciding your eternal destiny is a pretty big deal for a girl who just wants to get through high school."

My Take:

The feeling I had while reading was that I felt it was very surprising, never in my right mind would I be able to explain the way I felt its not your average vampire book. Yes it has vampires and also there foes witches but its told in a totally new way. I was getting a huge HoN vibe form this because if the whole element thing. In my opinion it was phenomenal because Ana was part of both worlds she is able to be her own kind of supernatural person.It was humorous and its many moments. I also liked that Ana has two different color eyes. Usually I never read a book by its cover but the moment I saw the eyes and saw it was a vampire novel I was like score and also so intrigued to finding out Ana's story. Hallway in a way gave me so much feeling in this one because it felt real like maybe there are these things out there lurking. I am so looking forward to the next one Almost Final Curtain which is out in May so excited to see Ana grow as a character.


5/5 stars



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...