Thursday, September 13, 2012

Review: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Onyx (Lux #2)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout 
Pages:416
Publisher: Entangled Publishing 
Release Date: August 14th 2012
Author Website | Twitter Facebook
Available for Order: Amazon|Barnes and Noble
Source: Own
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarre connection. I’ve sworn him off even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But against all common sense, I’m falling for him. Hard.


Our relationship issues aren’t out biggest problem…


The Department of Defense is here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we’re linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And when a new boy shows up a school with a secret of his own, things get complicated fast. I need to choose between my own instincts and Daemon’s.


But then everything changes…


I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. Daemon’s never going to stop searching until gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?


No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies.

My Take:


HavIng a connection to someone is one thing add in the fact that he is an alien from another planet and you have Daemon Black waiting for you. Katy has it bad or good, either way you put it her life just got complicated. She is connected to Daemon and has no idea if the connection influences her feelings towards him or not. Of course Daemon doesn't help because he is the biggest distraction on the planet, and Katy needs some time.

In comes another distraction, Blake who is new and nice even, but Damon doesn't approve of the time he is spending with her. But Katy doesn't see any danger in spending some time with Blake. Of course what Katy doesn't see is that Blake has a secret and he knows she has one also. Add in the fact that Katy has powers which are similar to Daemon is tough. What is a girl to do but try and find out the how and why of it all, Katy just has to realize she puts not only herself in danger but also those around her.

In Onyx, you got the sense of her side of the connection that both Daemon and Katy try so hard to hide. Even Dee sees that Katy is spending a lot of time with Daemon which could be good or bad. Blake was a little sketchy to me, the moment he stepped in and didn't question anything strange happening around Katy, that was a warning sign. Of course if Daemon was here he would back me up completely and say the same thing. I fell in deep with Daemon because everything he would say had me off my seat. I also saw Katy's reasons to hide her feelings and to see if they where their, and even though she fought till the end she also saw how much Daemon cared about her and he is willing to do anything for her. If I whore her shows for a minute I don't think I would be able to stop myself. Sorry Katy just saying.:) 

5/5 stars- Loved this so much got my sister to love the series as well



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...